The Sparkling Pomegranate Spritzer holds a special place in my heart since this is one of the cocktails that I introduced to my attendees two years ago at Ivory and Noire’s first Party 101 Entertaining Workshop. Using pomegranate as an ingredient in holiday cocktails has always been a popular choice. This concoction contains mixed berry juice, pomegranate juice, and bubbly. Prosecco or champagne is an ingredient that makes anything a celebration, right? I used a dry Prosecco here but any Brut champagne would work too. To make it a mocktail, substitute the prosecco with lime or lemon-flavored sparkling water to taste.
We garnished this cocktail with pomegranate seed, blueberries, and a couple of sprigs of rosemary for garnish. This cocktail would be a festive drink for any Fall or Christmas celebration. Another cocktail perfect for Fall is the Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktail, get recipe here. Lastly, if you are looking for some Thanksgiving entertaining inspiration, take a look at my tablescape here, and for the Christmas, table click here. Recipe for the Sparkling Pomegranate Spritzer is below.
Products details: Cocktail glass: CB2
This cocktail is so easy, the recipe calls for you to mix the juices and refrigerate for a least two hours giving you a head start in your preparation.
Sparkling Pomegranate Spritzer Cocktail Station
Product details: Martini glasses (similar): Wayfair | Gold Serving Tray (similar): Pottery Barn or West Elm
Presentation Idea 1:
Above these martini glasses, sitting on a gold tray is ready for your guest to serve themselves and creates a beautiful presentation.
- Prepare several martini/cocktail glasses in advance by adding a few blueberries and pomegranate aris with a sprig of rosemary. These prepared glasses make a beautiful and welcoming presentation sitting on a tray with a pitcher of the chilled juice mixture sitting next to it.
- Add small bowls or glasses with the garnishes listed in the recipe and have a bottle of Prosecco chilling on ice near the tray.
- Invite your guests to serve themselves by pouring the juice in the glass, topping it with the Prosecco, and adding the garnishes of blueberries and pomegranate seeds.
Product details: Silver Tureen(rental): Your Butler Pantry Houston | Cocktail Glass: CB2
Here’s another way to serve it especially if you are serving children or a good number of guests who would rather have a nonalcoholic drink.
- Present the juice mixture as a punch in a punch bowl. Serve it with a prosecco bottle and a bottle of lime or lemon-flavored sparkling water on the side. Add a bucket of glass and empty glasses to this drink station.
2. Add small bowls with pomegranate seeds and sliced citrus fruit of your choice to garnish.
3.Guests can serve the punch three forths of the way in their individual glasses and top it off with prosecco for a cocktail or use the sparkling water for a mocktail. This recipe is so versatile, you can substitute the blueberries for oranges and or limes. I served it for a late lunch in this festive Christmas presentation below.
The recipe for the Sparkling Pomegranate Spritzer Cocktail/ Mocktail is below.
Sparkling Pomegranate Spritzer Recipe (Cocktail/Mocktail)
- 1 cup Mixed Berry Juice
- ½ cup Pomegranate juice
- 1 750ml bottle of Prosecco or dry Bruit Substitute prosecco with lime, lemon, or lemon/lime sparkling water to taste
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils for garnish
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1-2 sprigs of fresh rosemary for garnish for each cocktail
- In a large pitcher, mix together the juices and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, add the Prosecco/Brut and mix.
- Garnish each cocktail glass with a sprig of rosemary, pomegranate arils (seeds) and blueberries. Pour cocktail mixture in glass and serve.
Leave a Reply