A Mediterranean Loaded Hummus Platter an easy and delicious appetizer. Let’s eat Mediterranean style!
This hummus platter is so easy and so good! I created this to be the appetizer to my Mediterranean staycation theme and it was such a delicious choice. To see how I set the table for my Mediterranean staycation click here and for three refreshing limoncello cocktails click here.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Can anyone who’s gone to the Mediterranean especially Greece attest that their tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese are the freshest and that they have the most delicious foods you’ve ever tasted? Right!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Seriously, every time I would eat a Greek salad, I would moan! Ok back to the platter.
It’s so easy there is no recipe needed, I basically assemble the ingredients. For easy reference, I went ahead and added a recipe card but you decide on the amount of each ingredient that you need depending on how big your platter is.
Heirloom baby tomatoes
Cracked Black Pepper
Mediterranean Loaded Hummus Assembly Instructions
Here are the steps that I took:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. Spread hummus evenly over a majority of a platter.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. On one side of this layer of Hummus, sprinkle a light layer of chopped parsley. ( you can also substitute the parsley with sliced green pepper or even thinly sliced lettuce)
3. Follow by layering baby tomatoes (if you choose the heirloom variety you’ll get all the pretty reds, yellows, and oranges pictured above.)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
4. Layer black and green olives, crumbled feta cheese, and chickpeas. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
5 Season the whole platter with cracked black pepper, paprika, and drizzle with olive oil. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
6 Serve with pita chips or sliced pita bread. Enjoy!
Mediterranean Loaded Hummus
Hummus Loaded with lots of delicious Mediterranean toppings
- Green Olives
- Black Olives
- Chopped Parsley, or thinly sliced lettuce or green pepper
- Fetah Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Heirloom or red baby tomatoes
- Spread Hummus in an even layer, spreading it on all of your chosen sized platter almost to the edges(refer to photo)
- On one side sprinkle a light layer of parsley.
- On the layer of parsley, add a layer of baby tomatoes, whole or cut in halves as pictured in photo.
- Add a layer of black and green olives on top of tomatoes.
- Sprinkle some chickpeas on top of tomatoes
- Finish the side with all the layered ingredients with a healthy sprinkle of feta cheese
- Add cracked black pepper and paprika over the hummus and the rest of the assembled ingredients.
- Finish the platter by drizzling olive oil over all the ingredients on the platter.
- Serve with slices of pita bread or pita chips.