Christmas time is the time of indulgence and your Christmas themed tablescapes should show that! Christmas is the time of bringing out all of the goods, going all out, and most importantly, creating a safe and cozy space for family life to thrive. If you are planning an upcoming Christmas dinner party, you’ll love the many Christmas themed tablescape ideas I have set up for you today. I’ve included some of my own classic Christmas table setting ideas, as well as included my friends beautifully done Christmas dinner table themes. Let’s dive in!
Types of Christmas Themed Tablescapes
When you think of a Christmas dinner tablescape, what do you think? You probably think one of two things. You might think of a classically colored red and green Christmas dinner table setting, or you might think of a more moderned “themed” Christmas dinner tablescape. I for one adore all Christmas tables, but I do have a soft spot for the more “classic” Christmas themed dinner table settings. Tables with red, green, and gold stand out the most to me. But then we have the more modern tablescapes along the themes of modern farmhouse, gingerbread men, or even candyland themed! What you choose should match your own personal style.
Tips for Choosing a Christmas Dinner Table Setting
With the many themes in mind, I stand by my last statement. You should choose a Christmas themed tablescape that matches your personal style. Are you more of a classic gal? Go green and red. More elegant? What about a White Christmas theme. Up for the new trendy stuff? Why not a beautifully done gingerbread themed tablescape. They are all so lovely in their own ways!
But after you choose your theme, you have to figure out the actual setting of the Christmas table.
Here are some tips for choosing a Christmas dinner table setting:
- Think about how you are going to serve the food – you don’t want too much decor if you are serving food in decorative dishes around the table!
- Think about the guests – if you have a lot of kids joining, think of a separate table setting for them.
- Think of what you already have on hand – obviously you don’t want to have to buy all new, so consider what you have on hand when thinking of a tablescape to move forward with for the Christmas dinner
With those things in mind, let’s dive into this huge list of Christmas themed tablescape ideas!
Beautiful Christmas Themed Tablescapes
1. Classic Red and Gold Themed Christmas Dinner Tablescape – ivoryandnoire.com
2. Blue and Green Christmas Tablescape – ivoryandnoire.com
3. White and Red Christmas Themed Tablescape – @onassisandclaire
4. Red Green and White Christmas Tablescape – @addictedtochina
5. Red and Pink Christmas Themed Table Setting – @addictedtochina
6. Blue Plaid Christmas Tablescape – @suzannezinggstyle
7. Red Plaid Christmas Table Setting – @suzannesinggstyle
8. Red and Bronze Christmas Themed Tablescape – @petahbashano
9. Red and White Christmas Dinner Table Setting – @petahbashano
10. Blue and White Wonderland Christmas Dinner Table Idea – @hosting.table
11. Green on Green Christmas Table Setting – @bonniechasedesigns
12. Green and Blue Christmas Themed Tablescape – @bonniechasedesigns
13. Red and Green Christmas – ivoryandnoire.com
I hope you found some fabulous Christmas themed tablescape inspiration inside of this post! We would love to see what you create. Please make sure to tag us at @ivoryandnoire #inspiredbyivoryandnoire.
For more Christmas Inspiration, check out these posts: